Here at Ankerside Physiotherapy Clinics we provide Domiciliary care also known as home care. Domiciliary care is the delivery of a service in an individual’s own home, or a residential or nursing home.
Our aim is to enable a person and/or their carers to self manage their condition. This will usually involve an assessment and a course of treatment.
Our team provides:
- Physiotherapy in the patients home or residential and nursing homes.
- Respiratory Clinics, to provide advice and assess anyone with a confirmed respiratory diagnosis of a mild to moderate breathing condition.
- Mobility assessment clinics, where we assess mobility problems and if appropriate issue equipment.
- Fall assessments, where all patients seen are assessed for a risk of falling and then given appropriate treatment and advice.
Common conditions requiring a home visit:
- Sudden onset of back pain
- Broken leg or pelvis
- Chronic pain
- Chronic sports injuries
- Vertigo (Vestibular rehab)
- Hip fracture
- Joint Replacement
- Frequent falls
- Mobility loss due to dementia/Alzheimers
- Palliative conditions
- General Weakness post hospitalisation or surgery
We may request you have someone else present e.g. carer, family member depending on your circumstances
On the initial visit an assessment will be carried out, and treatments may include advice, exercises,
pain management and mobility practice. We will agree any care or treatment in partnership with
If you would like to book an appointment for us to come and see you or if you would like further
information or advice on your condition and our charges please call the clinic on 02476 641214.